Were you aware that approximately one-quarter of adults aged 65 or older have lost all of their natural teeth? Dentures serve as a widely recognized and effective solution for addressing tooth loss. They offer such reliability and a natural appearance that you may have interacted with someone wearing dentures without even realizing it.
Are you considering whether you might be a suitable candidate for dentures?
To be an ideal candidate for this restorative treatment, you should:
- Desire to replace multiple or all of your teeth.
- Refrain from smoking or using tobacco products.
- Possess a healthy jawbone (we can assist you with this!).
- Not experience chronic dry mouth.
- Be willing to maintain proper denture care at home.
- Continue regular dental check-ups, similar to caring for natural teeth.
How should I maintain my dentures? Proper denture care involves routine cleanings and check-ups. Even individuals with flawless prosthetic teeth should visit their dentist periodically. During these appointments, we will assess your dentures’ condition and fit, as well as examine your gums, tongue, jaw, and overall oral health. In essence, we prioritize your oral well-being, not just the condition of your teeth.
To care for your dentures at home:
- Remove dentures overnight to allow your mouth to rest.
- Soak dentures in warm water, with or without denture cleanser.
- Avoid soaking dentures with metal clasps in anything other than warm water.
- When not wearing dentures, store them in water to prevent drying out and warping.
- NEVER soak dentures in hot water.
- With dentures removed, clean and gently massage your gums.
- If your toothbrush causes discomfort, rinse it under warm water or consider using a finger wrapped in a clean, damp cloth.
- If you have partial dentures, continue brushing your natural teeth as usual.
Denture Pricing in Kitchener
In Kitchener, the cost of full or partial dentures can range from approximately $900 to $3,500 or more. The pricing of dentures varies significantly due to the availability of options to meet diverse needs. Full-mouth dentures, for example, may cost anywhere between $1,800 to $3,500 and beyond. As a rough estimate, a full set of implant-supported dentures typically averages around $30,000.
What factors influence the cost of dentures? Here are some key considerations:
- The type of denture required.
- Any necessary dental extractions or preparatory procedures.
- X-rays that may be essential for evaluation.
- The inclusion of supportive implants.
Since each case is unique, it’s essential to consult with a dentist and undergo an oral examination. This evaluation allows us to assess your specific needs and present you with various treatment options to consider. We are more than happy to offer you a more precise cost estimate tailored to your individual situation.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
Frequently Asked Questions
The quality of dentures can vary depending on factors like materials used and the skill of the dentist or prosthodontist. Typically, high-quality dentures are made from durable materials like porcelain or high-quality acrylic and are custom-crafted to fit the individual’s mouth precisely. It’s advisable to consult with a qualified dentist or prosthodontist to determine the best quality dentures tailored to your specific needs.
In general, the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) does not cover the cost of dentures for most individuals. The Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) may provide coverage for dentures in certain cases, particularly for ODSP recipients who meet specific criteria. Eligibility and coverage details can vary, so it’s essential to inquire directly with OHIP or ODSP for precise information.
Denture coverage by private insurance plans varies widely. Some dental insurance policies do provide partial coverage for dentures, while others may cover a portion of the expenses. Coverage often depends on the specific plan you have, so it’s crucial to review your insurance policy or contact your insurance provider to understand the extent of denture coverage available to you.
In some cases, the cost of dentures may be tax-deductible as a medical expense on your income tax return. However, tax regulations regarding deductibility can change, and eligibility criteria may apply. It’s advisable to consult with a tax professional or review the current tax guidelines in your region to determine if your denture expenses qualify for deductions.
It is recommended to remove dentures at night for several reasons:
– Oral Health Giving your gums and oral tissues a break from the constant pressure of dentures can promote better oral health and reduce the risk of irritation and sores.
– Tissue Recovery: Removing dentures allows the gums to recover and maintain healthy blood circulation, reducing the likelihood of tissue damage.
– Infection Prevention: Taking out dentures overnight allows for proper cleaning and disinfection, reducing the risk of bacterial or fungal infections.
Learn of the many ways we've enhanced the smiles and dental experiences of so many clients!
I'm a new patient and my experiences have been great so far! At other offices I'm always rushed as they don't take the time to explain their treatments. Thankfully, this team takes the time to actually explain my treatment and answer all my thoughts and questions. I also felt very safe with their COVID protocols and safety practices - they even have 2 huge air filters! If you are looking for warm, safe and professional dental care, I would highly recommend
I haven’t seen a dentist in several years I took the plunge and visited Forest Glen Dental. Their team is made up of phenomenal professionals who are both knowledgeable and kind-hearted, as they always ensure you are very comfortable throughout the visit. In addition to having my teeth fixed I also had them cleaned and they did outstanding work! I will definitely be back!
Brought my father to go see Dr. Ghobrial for several teeth extractions and he is such a delight to have conversation with. He has a genuine personality and is extremely friendly. Lays out your options clearly and empowers you to make the right decision that suits your best needs. As a professional in the field, he is happy to provide you with his insight based on his experience and training.